The IBM Cognitive User Experience Research group in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Software Engineer.
Our lab builds and studies novel technologies and applications in the areas of cognitive computing, social media analytics, social computing, data visualization, and visual analytics. Our Research combines a user experience driven approach with applied analytics. For example, a recent project involved building a dashboard to help make sense of what employees were posting on both internal social media and Twitter.
The ideal candidate for this position brings a passion for building novel / experimental systems at various scales, particularly experience with both front and backend development of web-based applications. Candidate will work both individually and with small research teams to help envision and realize cutting-edge ideas through rapid prototyping and deployment. Also, candidates will work in an environment that questions the norm and fosters creativity. Applicants must instinctively know how people will want to use a product, service, or solution that solves a real-world business problem.
You will be working in our beautiful, newly renovated location in Cambridge, MA at the IBM Innovation Center near Kendall Square & MIT close to the Charles River.
If you would like to get an initial idea of past and current projects, built by our lab take a look at:
- Werner Geyer’s project page
- Casey Dugan’s Tumblr post on the #selfiestation
- The Meeting Room of the Future
- Symbiotic Cognitive Systems
If you are interested in this position, please contact me with your CV at: email@example.com
Official job post @ IBM: https://jobs3.netmedia1.com/cp/faces/job_summary?job_id=RES-0686923
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Intermediate
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology
- At least 1 year experience in user-interface (UI) development
- At least 1 year experience in data persistency (relational and non-relational)
- At least 1 year experience in big data technologies such as hadoop
- At least 1 year experience in data mining and data analysis techniques
- Basic knowledge in human-computer interaction, data science, visualization, user-studies
- English : Fluent
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.